Self Regard is the extent that someone has a positive self-image, is satisfied with who they are as a person, and tends to be self-assured and optimistic. It is the degree to which someone is content, secure and cheerful.
In terms of workplace behavior, Self Regard is disposition/likelihood/enjoyment for:
- Accepting criticism and feedback from coworkers.
- Dealing positively with obstacles and failures.
- Ability to work in constant and close collaboration with others; shares responsibility for direction and performance of the team.
- Establishing and maintaining effective workplace relations.
- Working closely with one or more coworkers on a long term basis, day-in and day-out.
- Taking responsibility for one's own actions, even when they result in errors.
- Using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Soliciting customer feedback to improve service.