Enthusiasm is the extent that someone is interested in meeting new people, initiates conversations, and is comfortable in social interactions. It is the degree to which someone is talkative, outgoing, and sociable.
In terms of workplace behavior, Enthusiasm is disposition/likelihood/enjoyment for:
- Conveying a positive attitude to coworkers and customers even when they are disagreeable or rude.
- Attracting new clients or customers through friendly interactions.
- Contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Being pleasant to be around despite feeling sick or ill that day.
- Displaying a positive outlook and pleasant manner every single day.
- Collaborating with other employees to achieve goals as a group.
- Putting the success of the work team above your own interests.
- Speaking clearly and persuasively to large groups.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.