The personality factor that reflects the amount someone influences control, regulation, and direction of impulses, their tendency to show initiative and self-discipline, act dutifully, and aim for achievement, and preference for planned rather than spontaneous behavior. Conscientiousness has these facets: Dutifulness, Order, Achievement Striving, Self-Discipline, Deliberation, and Competence.
Plum measures two dominate aspects of Conscientiousness: Industriousness
. Statements on the Spectrum of Conscientiousness:
- I am always prepared.
- I pay attention to details.
- I get chores done right away.
- I like order.
- I follow a schedule.
- I am exacting in my work.
- I leave my belongings around.
- I make a mess of things.
- I often forget to put things back in place.
- I shirk my duties.